I am excited to be back leading #whatisschool again this week after several weeks away leading learning in schools around the globe. I am so happy to be joined this week by the amazing Justin Hill from Australia. Justin is a Junior School Design Specialist Teacher at St Pauls School in Brisbane, Australia. This week we are looking at connections and we will give you the opportunity to share your favourite ideas. ‘It takes a village to raise a child’. Teachers have a plethora of colleagues, parents and the broader community to draw on when it comes to providing learning experiences for students. How do you utilise others to create authentic learning opportunities for your students?Come and join us for an engaging chat.
Remember that our chat times for around the world are: (updated 26 September 2019)
- Thursday 4pm Pacific Time
- Thursday 6pm Central Time
- Thursday 7pm Eastern Time
- Thursday 11pm GMT
- Friday 12am CET
- Friday 7am Singapore/Manila/WA (Perth)
- Friday 9am AEST
- Friday 12pm NZT (NOTE: Timezone change)
Make sure you put this week’s chat in your diary. Join the conversation on Thursday 3 October 7pm ET (Thursday 11pm GMT, Friday 9am AEDT, 12pm NZT, 7am Singapore) as we discuss What Is School? #whatisschool
Questions #whatisschool, October 3, 2019 7PM ET
1) Other than Twitter, how do you make meaningful connections with other teachers?
2) How do you connect with your students families? What tools do you use?
3) Who in your school community have you connected with to create a great learning experience for your students? Please describe this experience.
4) How do you connect with your broader community to create authentic learning experiences for your students?
5) How has someone in your twitter PLN been a great connection for you? Please share and tag them in and explain.
6) What ideas have you taken from today’s chat and who are you going to connect with yo make a learning experience for your students better?