#whatisschool is back for another amazing chat this week. Unfortunately I am away in Malaysia leading learning in a school but I have a very awesome person lined up to blow your minds! I am thrilled to have one of the best STEAM experts in Asia lead the chat. This week Linda Cheung who is based in Hong Kong will be your moderator. Linda is the STEMinn coordinator at Stamford American School in Hong Kong. She loves to plan STEAM related events, integrate STEM into the curriculum and make new connections to find innovative ideas in her local community and around the globe. This week she is looking at STEAM and how you do STEAM/STEM in your school. Come and join us!
Remember that our chat times for around the world are: (updated 18 August 2019)
- Thursday 4pm Pacific Time
- Thursday 6pm Central Time
- Thursday 7pm Eastern Time
- Thursday 11pm GMT
- Friday 12am CET
- Friday 7am Singapore/Manila/WA (Perth)
- Friday 9am AEST
- Friday 11am NZT
Make sure you put this week’s chat in your diary. Join the conversation on Thursday 22 August 7pm ET (Thursday 11pm GMT, Friday 9am AEDT, 11am NZT, 7am Singapore) as we discuss What Is School? #whatisschool
Questions #whatisschool, August 22, 2019 7PM ET
1) What does STEAM education mean to you?
2) What does STEAM look like at your school?
3) Share some examples of STEAM education in action?
4) What are your STEAM plans for this year?
5) Where/Who do you look to for STEAM support?
6) It is well known that women are underrepresented in STEAM careers. Are you doing anything to encourage girls to explore STEAM? Please share ideas