#whatisschool is back for another amazing chat and I am thrilled to be back leading again this week with one of my edu-heroes Jen Williams. This week we are looking at Steps for building classroom culture and we will give you the opportunity to share your favourite ideas. Come and join us!
Remember that our chat times for around the world are: (updated 23 August 2019)
- Thursday 4pm Pacific Time
- Thursday 6pm Central Time
- Thursday 7pm Eastern Time
- Thursday 11pm GMT
- Friday 12am CET
- Friday 7am Singapore/Manila/WA (Perth)
- Friday 9am AEST
- Friday 11am NZT
Make sure you put this week’s chat in your diary. Join the conversation on Thursday 29 August 7pm ET (Thursday 11pm GMT, Friday 9am AEDT, 11am NZT, 7am Singapore) as we discuss What Is School? #whatisschool
Questions #whatisschool, August 29, 2019 7PM ET
1) Before we dive into classroom culture, please share businesses or non-education communities that you feel represent strong community culture.
2) In your mind, what are the key elements of strong classroom culture?
3) What are ways you can use the classroom space to support classroom culture?
4) What are routines/activities you can incorporate into instruction to build a strong class culture?
5) What (or who) are the top resources for building classroom culture (books, tools, exemplary educators)?
6) What do you hope to incorporate this school year to build a strong classroom culture?