This week on #whatisschool, I am excited to welcome Connie Hamilton to co-host the chat with me. Connie is the author of Hacking Questions and the Co-Author of Hacking Homework, she is a K-12 curriculum director for Saranac Community Schools, and works as an education consultant. Connie is a constant source of inspiration for me online and I can’t wait to have her lead today’s session with me.
This is my last #whatisschool for the next wee while as I am traveling overseas and have many speaking engagements. I will be back in August but over the next couple of months, I have an amazing line up of educators to lead #whatisschool so you won’t miss a beat!
Remember that our chat times for around the world are: (updated 23 May 2019)
- Thursday 4pm Pacific Time
- Thursday 6pm Central Time
- Thursday 7pm Eastern Time
- Thursday 11pm GMT
- Friday 12am CET
- Friday 7am Singapore/Manila/WA (Perth)
- Friday 9am AEST
- Friday 11am NZT
Make sure you put this week’s chat in your diary and if you are not already signed up to our ‘Remind’ notifications – click here. We will send you an email or a FREE SMS just before our chat begins. Join the conversation on Thursday 30 May 7pm ET (Thursday 11pm GMT, Friday 9am AEDT, 11am NZT, 7am Singapore) as we discuss What Is School? #whatisschool
Questions #whatisschool, May 30, 2019 7PM ET
1) What makes someone a good questioner?
2) What are some common mistakes teachers make when questioning students?
3) In what ways can questions be varied?
4) How can a culture of inquiry be created?
5) How do we prevent spoon-feeding when scaffolding?
6) What strategies engage more learners in questions?