This week on #whatisschool, I am excited to welcome the ever inspirational Thomas Tran. Thomas is the former director of the Stamford American International School Innovation Center. As a designer, Thomas has positively shaped the way STEAM and Innovation is integrated at schools globally. Connect with him on Twitter. This week we will be discussing the future and looking at the next 10 years – join us for an in-depth discussion about what the future holds for education and how to get there. As pre-reading before the chat read this article by Thomas on his views.
PLEASE NOTE THE CHANGE IN TIMEZONE FOR NORTH AMERICA, now at
Remember that our chat times for around the world are: (updated 11 March 2019)
- Thursday 7pm Eastern Time
- Thursday 11pm GMT
- Friday 12am CET
- Friday 7am Singapore/Manila/WA (Perth)
- Friday 10am AEST
- Friday 12pm NZT
Join the conversation on Thursday 14 March 7pm ET (Thursday
Questions #whatisschool, March 14, 2019 7PM ET
PRE READING ARTICLE
1) How do you imagine the next 10 years for yourself? For your schools/education?
2) What must schools begin to explore now in preparation for the coming years?
3) What changes in the world do you feel are reflected in our education system that prepares our students? What is not reflected?
4) What can we examine outside of education that could be used to benefit learning and/or our educational processes?
5) Is education iterative or reactionary? How so?
6) What should teachers/educators consider when preparing themselves for the coming years and beyond?