#whatisschool is back again and I am thrilled to welcome the incredible Kasey Bell to co-host this week’s chat with me. Kasey is a former middle school teacher turned award-winning digital learning consultant, international speaker, author, blogger and podcaster with a Texas-sized passion for technology and learning. This week we will be talking about Dynamic Learning:
This week #whatisschool explores Dynamic learning in Craig’s last chat before going off to the US, followed by workshops in Australia for 6 weeks and leaving the #whatisschool fun to Mark Weston and Ellen Deem to lead in his absence.
Remember that our chat times for around the world are: (updated 4 June 2018)
- Thursday 4pm Pacific Time
- Thursday 6pm Central Time
- Thursday 7pm ET
- Thursday 11pm GMT
- Friday 12am CET
- Friday 7am Singapore/Manila/WA (Perth)
- Friday 9am AEST
- Friday 11am NZT
Questions #whatisschool, June 14, 2018 7PM ET
1) How has technology helped your break the bounds of traditional learning?
2) How does the learning grow and evolve in your classroom, beyond one-and-done activities? How do you connect one activity to the next?
3) Do you allow students to publish their work for the world? Why or why not? If you do, please share links and examples.
4) How do you help build a continuous learning mindset in your students? Have you ever had students set their own learning goals?
5) How do you encourage creativity and innovation? How do you foster it as a teacher?
6) What opportunities do you give students to take risks?