PE Teachers are always inspirational members of our school communities. Every school I have worked in they have been the life of the party! PE teachers sometimes get a hard time for not having to work as hard as grade level classroom teachers. However, in my career and my good friendship with many PE teachers, this is FAR from the truth. I have learned so much from me PE colleagues who inspire me to be better in my area of expertise every day. Join PE legend and global workshop host Adam Llevo and me for #whatisschool this week as we look at the Physed classroom and assessment. See you there!
Remember that our chat times for around the world are: (updated 13 May 2018)
- Thursday 4pm Pacific Time
- Thursday 6pm Central Time
- Thursday 7pm ET
- Thursday 11pm GMT
- Friday 12am CET
- Friday 7am Singapore/Manila/WA (Perth)
- Friday 9am AEST
- Friday 11am NZT
Questions #whatisschool, May 17, 2018 7PM ET
1) What does ‘physically literate’ mean to you?
2) PE Teachers are the most active members of our school communities. How do they inspire you in your school?
3) PE assessment is a big talking point in schools. How do you assess in your school? Does the current assessment suit the subject?
4) Do you engage in current research within your own subject area and how does that shape your current program?
5) What professional development do you engage in and how has it helped you develop as a practitioner?
6) If money was no object, what would you buy to enhance learning and assessment in your school?