“App-y” New Year to the entire #whatisschool community! Let’s ring in 2018 together this Thursday, January 11th for an hour Twitter chat to share our goals for the year for practice, tools, and our PLNs. We will kick off the hour first with a look back to 2017; through reflection and celebration, we can share practices from the year that we found extended learning and sparked positive change in our schools and classrooms. From there, we will look ahead to 2018—starting with our students in mind! Think about the question: what skills are you hoping to help your students build this year? With those goals in mind, we can then dive into new practices and new tools we are ready to implement into instruction and learning. Then—countdown 3, 2, 1—let’s throw some PLN confetti to share on 3 educators we each hope to collaborate with in 2018! As the “App-y” New Year #whatisschool ball drops when we approach the end of the hour, we will focus on some fun and think about personal goals. Looking forward to this #whatisschool #PDparty—see you there!
Remember that our chat times for around the world are: (updated 1 January 2018)
- Thursday 3pm Pacific Time
- Thursday 5pm Central Time
- Thursday 6pm ET
- Thursday 11pm GMT
- Friday 12am CET
- Friday 7am Singapore/Manila/WA (Perth)
- Friday 10am AEDT
- Friday 12pm NZT
Questions #whatisschool, January 11, 2018 6PM EDT
1) Reflecting on 2017, what new practices extended learning in your class/school?
2) Looking ahead to 2018, what skills are you hoping to help your students build?
3) For 2018, what practices are you hoping to add or try in your classroom/school?
4) What new tools are you hoping to try or learn about in 2018?
5) If you could choose 3 educators to collaborate with in 2018, who would you pick?
6) Let’s focus on fun: what is one personal goal you have for 2018?