#whatisschool is ready to talk Neighbours and PLN’s this week as we welcome the incredible Ellen Deem and Mark Weston to lead the chat.
At least one colleague in your school is experiencing domestic abuse and violence. Behind a closed door is a life lived in shame, fear, and silent suffering. Join Mark and Ellen for #whatisschool to explore opening doors, ending the silence, stopping the pain, and supporting each other. Join Mark and Ellen this week for #whatisschool to explore ways to be better neighbors.
Remember that our chat times for around the world are: (updated 25 September 2017)
- Thursday 4pm Pacific Time
- Thursday 6pm Central Time
- Thursday 7pm ET
- Thursday 11pm GMT
- Friday 12am CET
- Friday 7am Singapore/WA (Perth) Time
- Friday 9am AEDT
- Friday 12pm NZT
Questions #whatisschool, September 28, 2017 7PM EDT
1) What are the forms and types of domestic violence and abuse?
2) What signs and behaviors might indicate that a colleague is experiencing such abuse and violence?
3) What doors—emotional, social, and physical—are used to keep domestic abuse and violence from being seen by others?
4) What behaviors of yours keep doors closed and extend the shame, fear, and silent suffering of the abused?
5) What are some ways you can help open doors and break the silence about domestic abuse and violence?
6) What will you do with the awareness about domestic abuse and violence that you gained in this chat?