Let’s kick off this new school year together at #whatisschool! Our celebration of learning will start off with creating our PLN “guest list,” so think of two friends you’d love to invite to join in! Then, we will jump right into the chat for an inspired conversation on all things to make the start of 2017-2018 school year a great one (even if you have already started or are already half way through your year)! Bring ideas for ways to make the first weeks a success, ways to welcome new students and teachers, and tools/practices that can help keep you organized right from Day 1! Next up, we will share ideas on ways to set-up your classrooms and schedules to maximize learning and engagement. We will consider ways we hope to grow as professionals this year, and then we will finish up by “dreaming big” on ideas for making 2017-2018 one to remember! So, put on your favorite party tunes and join us for the #whatisschool School Year Kick-Off Celebration Chat!
Remember that our chat times for around the world are: (updated 12 August 2017)
- Thursday 4pm Pacific Time
- Thursday 6pm Central Time
- Thursday 7pm ET
- Thursday 11pm GMT
- Friday 12am CET
- Friday 7am Singapore/WA (Perth) Time
- Friday 9am AEDT
- Friday 11am NZT
Questions #whatisschool, August 24, 2017 7PM EDT
1) Welcome to the party! What is your favorite way to kick off the school year during the first week of school?
2) How do you make new teachers and new students feel welcome at school?
3) What tools/practices help you best stay organized right from Day 1?
4) What are some new ideas for classroom design or schedule design that you are hoping to try this new school year?
5) How are you hoping to grow as a professional this school year?
6) Dream big: What is one thing you’d love to incorporate this new school year?