#whatisschool continues to grow and roar as one of the most powerful online professional learning sources. Every week we get more than 100 educators from over 10 countries around the world coming together to chat and learn about a variety of topics and every week I leave inspired and full of amazing information! This week we are lucky to be joined by Brian Host who is an inspiring and successful educator from Sydney, Australia.
Many teachers find the balance between work and life challenging. With the perception that the administration of teaching, programming, assessing, reporting, portfolios and interviews taking over our focus and time, what can we do? This week #whatisschool will look at ways we can tap resources and support in and beyond our education systems to enhance our teaching and personal vitality and focus.
Pre-chat Stimulus Video
Let’s connect this week during #whatisschool and continue to inspire one another.
Our chat times for around the world are:
- Thursday 4pm Pacific Time
- Thursday 6pm Central Time
- Thursday 7pm EDT
- Thursday 11pm GMT
- Friday 12am (Midnight) BST/IST
- Friday 7am Singapore/WA (Perth) Time
- Friday 9am AEST
- Friday 12pm NZT
Questions #whatisschool, September 29, 2016 7PM EDT
1) What are the ways you renew your energy & where do you need to be to renew your energy?
2) When are the times that you find you have a lot of energy as a teacher & are most productive?
3) Who are the people who have inspired you & how have they opened your mind? Tag them now
4) How do you find the time to renew yourself & what are the ways you can apply the “Third Space”?
5) Who do you want to become in this season of teaching? What new things are you going to try & how will you feel when you are achieving this?
6) The teaching area that engages me & assists my students to access deep learning is STEAM, what’s your hook, tool or strategy?