#whatisschool continues to roar – love seeing 100+ educators every week come together to passionately share and learn from each other – hands down the best network of educators online! Thank you for always engaging, being positive and sharing your passions!
This week I am away speaking at a conference but I have the inspiring and dependable Mark Weston and Debby Call to lead the charge. This week Mark and Debby lead you to discuss relationships and how to make them work for you in the classroom.
In order to teach the “whole child’, we must first get to know the child. There are many useful strategies getting to know students and building relationships with them. Once built, such relationships empower students to own their learning, take risks, develop emotionally and socially, and have positive self-images. Join #whatisschool to explore building positive relationships with students and colleagues.
Let’s connect this week during #whatisschool and continue to inspire one another.
Our chat times for around the world are:
- Thursday 4pm Pacific Time
- Thursday 6pm Central Time
- Thursday 7pm EDT
- Thursday 11pm GMT
- Friday 12am (Midnight) BST/IST
- Friday 7am Singapore/WA (Perth) Time
- Friday 9am AEST
- Friday 11am NZT
Questions #whatisschool, August 25, 2016 7PM EDT
1) Why is building positive relationships with Students essential?
2) What are good ways to connect in a personal yet professional way to connect with Students and colleagues?
3) How does relationship building between Teachers and Students promote autonomy in the classroom?
4) Is it important to share YOUR story with Students? Why or why not?
5) How might relationship building help students developing social-emotional skills and a positive self-image that supports intellectual development?
6) What will you do this week to promote positive relationships with students and colleagues?