I am so excited to welcome back Beverly Ladd again this week to #whatisschool as we continue to shine and lead the way in education chats! This week we will be discussing collaboration and digital tools to share your room and your story!
Being in the teaching profession I have realized that educators are some of the most innovative and creative individuals on the planet. We all have insights to share that are priceless, valuable and helpful as we all learn from our each other. We don’t get to share the good things that are happening ENOUGH with those outside our four walls. Many times in a normal day the only people educators see are our students, and our students’ families, the teachers we see at recess, or pass on the way to the cafeteria or the restroom. But how often do we truly get to sit down, share and collaborate with others?
No matter what corner of the building we are in, or what grade level we teach or even what country we live in- collaboration is vital to ensure student and teacher success!
Let’s connect this week during #whatisschool and discuss how we share what’s going on in our classroom.
This is my last chat for the next 6 weeks. I am off on a long awaited vacation to the South of France followed by some speaking in London. Then it is back to Singapore for a few days of relaxation before heading to Sydney, Australia for a week of leading learning in schools. I will be on and off Twitter for the next 6 weeks and the #whatisschool chat questions and archives will not be posted on my blog. However I have set up a series of amazing chats, with amazing leaders to inspire you – here is a sneak peak at the #whatisschool menu for the months of June and July:
June 23 – Debby Call / Mark Weston = Inspiration Matters
June 30 – Stephan Hughes / Julie Szaj = New Teachers to Twitter (#NT2T special collaboration)
July 7 – Nathan Stevens / Beverly Ladd = How do you inspire Creativity
July 14 – Tobie Michele / Mark Weston = Math
July 21 – Debby Call / Mark Weston = TBC
Our chat times for around the world are:
- Thursday 4pm Pacific Time
- Thursday 6pm Central Time
- Thursday 7pm EDT
- Thursday 11pm GMT
- Friday 7am Singapore/WA (Perth) Time
- Friday 9am AEST
- Friday 11am NZT
Questions #whatisschool, June 16, 2016 7PM EDT
- How does collaboration benefit Teachers and Students at your school and around the world?
- How can we promote and encourage Teachers to collaborate with others inside and outside their building?
- What are some collaboration projects you have successfully done? How did you grow from the experience?
- What are your favorite tools for collaborating with Teachers in your building and around the world?
- What are some of your favorite ways/tools that Students use to collaborate with their peers? Give examples
- What tip/resources would you recommend to Teachers wanting to get started with building a more collaborative community?