I am continuously inspired by the #whatisschool community and constantly thankful for your support and power in the ed chat world! This Thursday, come along to #whatisschool as I am joined by Jennifer Williams to discuss the power of being a teacher and how to inspire others to get into the education profession.
Education is a noble profession. Together as educators and in our schools, we can actively work to support a positive image of the “role of the teacher.” Let’s join together to discuss ways we can inspire the best and the brightest to join us as educators on our mission to support students and promote positive change for our world today and for the future.
Our chat times for around the world are:
- Thursday 4pm Pacific Time
- Thursday 6pm Central Time
- Thursday 7pm EDT
- Thursday 11pm GMT
- Friday 7am Singapore/WA (Perth) Time
- Friday 9am AEST
- Friday 11am NZT
Questions #whatisschool, May 12, 2016 7PM EDT
1) What do you feel are the core qualities of a person that is destined to be an educator?
2) If you meet someone with these qualities, how do you encourage them toward education?
3) What are the positive images associated with the profession of being an “educator?”
4) How do you promote this positive image of the “role of the educator?”
5) How can schools promote this positive image of the “role of the educator?”
6) What are ways K-12 schools can connect with universities to support aspiring teachers?