#whatisschool is a shining light amongst ed-chats thanks to you! This Thursday, I am away on Easter vacation so Mark Weston and Sean Gaillard are taking the helm to lead an exciting chat about Heroes! Come along at 7pm EDT to #whatisschool to discuss Heroes in Education with these two, who are heroes of mine!
Mark and Sean will facilitate this chat about Heroes/Heroines: Who are they? Why do they matter? So start thinking about your heroes and heroines. What are their qualities? Why do you hold them in high esteem? What role can heroes and heroines play in classrooms and schools? We look forward to seeing you at #whatisschool.
PLEASE NOTE TIME CHANGE FOR OUR NORTH AMERICAN FOLLOWERS
TO 7PM EDT, 4PM PDT & 6PM CDT (and Friday 10am AEDT).
Our chat times for around the world are:
- Thursday 4pm Pacific Time
- Thursday 6pm Central Time
- Thursday 7pm EDT – ***NOTE NEW TIME***
- Thursday 11pm GMT
- Friday 7am Singapore/WA (Perth) Time
- Friday 10am AEST
- Friday 12pm NZT
Questions #whatisschool, March 24, 2016 7PM EDT
1) Who are your heroes/heroines? Why? How long?
2) What qualifies someone to be a hero/heroine? What responsibilities do they have?
3) Why are heroes/heroines (real and fictional) important? What roles can they play?
4) How do you teach students about heroes/heroines? Please share some examples.
5) In your classroom/school how are you giving voice to heroes/heroines of other cultures, traditions, etc?
6) How might you better incorporate heroes/heroines in the culture of your classroom/school?