I am away this week at a speaking engagement in Hong Kong so Mark Weston will take the lead of #whatisschool this week and joining him is the amazing Amber Chandler. I will check out the archive and I look forward to your contributions on what is such an important topic in our careers.
This Thursday, join #whatisschool as we explore The Writing life of Teachers. Chat with teachers about the dreams, challenges, and realities of their writing. Learn why some love to write and others hate writing. Read about what they’ve written and what they’d really like to write someday.
Our chat times for around the world are:
- Thursday 4pm Pacific Time
- Thursday 5pm Central Time
- Thursday 6pm EST
- Thursday 11pm GMT
- Friday 7am Singapore/WA (Perth) Time
- Friday 9am AEST
- Friday 12pm NZT
Questions #whatisschool, February 18, 2016 6PM EST
1) Other than the typical work related writing, in what forms of writing have you engaged or want to engage (e.g. poem, blog)?
2) What words describe the voice you want your writing to reflect? Style, topics, and audience?
3) With the form of writing in which you prefer to engage, what literary challenges do you experience? How to overcome?
4) What is the one piece of writing of which you are most proud? Why? Please provide link.
5) How have experiences in school affected you as a writer and the writing you do (or don’t do)?
6) If you could write one thing before you die, what would be its form, topic, and title?