This week #whatisschool will discuss Mentoring and Coaching. In the chat we’ll explore why student mentoring and coaching has become a huge part of every schools positive education program. Students around the world are being supported by in school goal setting and mentoring sessions and teachers are able to learn more about what makes each individual tick. But is it always a positive initiative. We are looking forward to discussing all of this, this week!
Our chat times for around the world are:
- Thursday 4pm Pacific Time
- Thursday 6pm Central Time
- Thursday 7pm EDT
- Thursday 11pm GMT
- Friday 7am Singapore/WA (Perth) Time
- Friday 9am AEST
- Friday 11am NZT
Make sure you put this week’s chat in your diary and if you are not already signed up to our ‘Remind’ notifications – click here. We will send you a FREE email or a FREE SMS just before our chat begins
Questions #whatisschool, September 24, 2015 7PM EDT
* For the sake of common language, we will be using ‘mentoring’ to describe the interaction between student and staff member.
1) What does mentoring look like in your classroom/school? Share your model.
2) How can mentoring positively impact student learning?
3) How can mentoring negatively impact student learning?
4) What does the ‘IDEAL’ mentoring model look like in a school setting?
5) The parent, student, teacher relationship is crucial for student learning – how can this be incorporated into a successful mentoring program?
6) Share your favorite links, ideas, articles, resources for mentoring and coaching