Shannon is a world renowned and recognised teacher librarian with a twitter following of 44,000. She is the go-to girl for everything Library related and speaks across the world. It is an absolute honour to have her co-hosting #whatisschool with me today.
The school library and the teacher librarians within these wonderful spaces have so many things to offer students, teachers, parents, and school communities as school starts and throughout the year. Join us for #whatisschool to discuss lots of ideas, events, tools and events to put into play this year within your library and school community.
Our chat times for around the world are:
- Thursday 4pm Pacific Time
- Thursday 6pm Central Time
- Thursday 7pm EDT
- Thursday 11pm GMT
- Friday 7am Singapore/WA (Perth) Time
- Friday 9am AEST
- Friday 11am NZT
Make sure you put this week’s chat in your diary and if you are not already signed up to our ‘Remind’ notifications – click here. We will send you a FREE email or a FREE SMS just before our chat begins
Questions #whatisschool, August 27, 2015 7PM EDT
1) Tell us what you learned this summer to bring back to your library and community?
2) What is the first thing you do as you get your library ready for a new year?
3) What is something new you are doing this year in your library space to reinvigorate it?
4) What is the first big event you are planning for within the library?
5) Many say, libraries are the heart of the school. What makes your library unique and special?
6) Please share your favourite library related resources and articles to start the new year