I am honoured to be running a one-off twitter chat (times below) using the hashtag #globalED to celebrate “EdCamp Global”.
EdCamp Global is a 24 Hour Experience happening July 31st to August 1st 2015. Unlike the traditional edcamp, you will find sessions for 24 hours that accommodate any schedule across the globe. You can find the full schedule at http://edcampglobal.wix.com/edcamp
This one-off twitter chat will be HUGE so put the times in your calendar NOW (see below). You won’t want to miss out on our chat all about “Engaging Students in the Global Classroom“. See you this weekend!
Our chat times for around the world are as follows:
- Saturday 1 August 4pm Pacific Time
- Saturday 1 August 6pm CDT
- Saturday 1 August 7pm EDT
- Saturday 1 August 11pm GMT
- Sunday 2 August 7am Singapore/WA (Perth) Time
- Sunday 2 August 9am AEST
- Sunday 2 August 11am NZT
Questions for #globalED
1) What does the term “Global classroom” mean to you? What does it look like?
2) In what ways do you connect your classroom to the rest of the world?
3) What are the benefits and challenges of connecting your students beyond the classroom walls?
4) How can a global classroom work alongside the curriculum you work with rather than being an ‘extra’?
5) What technologies or methods could you use to create a global learning exchange in your classroom?
6) Global connections support learning but how can you use them to make a REAL difference in today’s world?