This week at #whatisschool we welcome the world renowned and infamous educator extraordinaire Dave Burgess as co-host! With over 37,000 followers on Twitter, Dave has set the world on fire with his inspiring and innovative approach to teaching and learning using the TLAP concept.
Join New York Times Best-Selling author Dave Burgess for a high-energy, entertaining, and inspirational chat that will transform the way you look at your role as an educator. Let’s talk about how to dramatically increase student engagement, design wildly creative lessons, and build life-changing experiences for your students that make school an amazing place where students want to knock down the walls to get in.
Teach Like a PIRATE has sparked a full-scale revolution in the educational world and has inspired teachers from all over the globe to achieve new levels of excellence in their schools and classrooms. Set sail with us on this week’s #whatisschool voyage.
Our chat times for around the world are:
- Thursday 4pm Pacific Time
- Thursday 6pm Central Time
- Thursday 7pm EDT
- Thursday 11pm GMT
- Friday 7am Singapore/WA (Perth) Time
- Friday 9am AEST
- Friday 11am NZT
Make sure you put this weeks chat in your diary and if you are not already signed up to our ‘Remind’ notifications – click here. We will send you a FREE email or a FREE SMS just before our chat begins
Questions #whatisschool, May 21, 2015 7PM EDT
1) #tlap isn’t about attacking ships at sea! What is it about the “spirit” of a pirate that makes for a great educator?
2) Other than your content, what is it about being an educator that lights you on fire with passion?
3) Content isn’t enough. How can we add a life-changing lesson (LCL) to everything we do? Examples?
4) In #tlap we say, “Don’t just teach a lesson…create an experience!” What is the difference?
5) Why is it so important to capture and take advantage of the “teachable moment” in our classes/schools?
6) If S’s didn’t have to be there, would you be teaching to an empty room?” How does this change your paradigm? Implications?
BONUS QUESTION: Do you want to be great? Why is this an awkward Q for T’s to answer? If yes, what can you do starting today to be great?