Last week #whatisschool took an in-depth look at education technology, the highs and lows and what successful educators are looking for in apps. This week we continue the conversation focusing on integrating EdTech into lessons and educating parents and administrators about technology use in your classroom.
Photo credit: http://techandscience.com
“Effective integration of technology is achieved when students are able to select technology tools to help them obtain information in a timely manner, analyse and synthesise the information, and present it professionally. The technology should become an integral part of how the classroom functions — as accessible as all other classroom tools.” – National Educational Technology Standards For Students, International Society For Technology In Education.
Our chat times for around the world are:
- Thursday 3pm Pacific Time
- Thursday 5pm Central Time
- Thursday 7pm EDT
- Thursday 11pm GMT
- Friday 7am Singapore/WA (Perth) Time
- Friday 10am AEST
- Friday 12pm NZT (Changes to 11am soon)
Make sure you put this weeks chat in your diary and if you are not already signed up to our ‘Remind’ notifications – click here. We will send you a FREE email or a FREE SMS just before our chat begins
How do you integrate technology into your classroom?
Questions #whatisschool, March 26, 2015 7PM EDT
1) What does technology integration mean to you?
2) What does technology integration look like at your school?
3) How do you integrate technology into lessons to provide meaningful learning & critical thinking?
4) How would you respond to parents who question blended learning, BYOD or other EdTech integration?
5) How do you get buy in for grade-wide EdTech integration in core subjects like math, science, and STEAM?
6) What do you believe is the real student value of adding technology into your classroom?