A few months ago, I was lucky enough to be asked by Greg Curran to feature on his blog in a podcast about an area I am passionate about in Education. He asked me to speak about Global Connections.
Greg is an inspirational Educator from Australia with over 25 years of experience. He helps Educators to ‘Thrive’ – to be their most passionate, driven selves. He is especially interested in the notion of ‘Comfort Zones’ – supporting teachers to take risks and step outside of or disrupt their comfort zones.
In this episode Greg
interviews me and digs deep into the notion of global connections and Professional Development
(PD). PD is a phrase that’s often met with groans and rolls of the eyes. But what if you could tailor that Professional Development or PD to your circumstances – making it relevant to you and your class? And what if you had access to ongoing support and advice at any time of the day? Well that’s the situation for many educators today – as they reach out and connect with others like them across the globe. In this Episode we discuss all of this plus more! It is 15 minutes that will make your world as an educator better.
- What makes me tick? (1:01 minute mark)
- What is #whatisschool? (2:14)
- My experience of pushing past my comfort zone (3:35)
- The power and benefits of connecting online (5:37)
- How to connect even if you’re not feeling confident (6:28)
- What to do if you ‘don’t have time’ for connecting (7:49)
- How I stay true to myself (10:10)
- The Lightning Round (11:31) – Thrive – Always Lifts Me Up – Ignition – Voice – Connection
- My not to be missed quote and what it means to me (14:26)
You can find all of his Podcasts here
Thank you Greg for inviting me in to your world and inspiring many educators with this unique and eye opening approach to professional development.