Thank you so much for your support for #whatisschool in the EduBlog awards. We are honoured to win the Best Twitter Hashtag / Chat of 2014. This is because of you! Thank you so much for your support. I will blog more about this soon!
Making Computer Science Work For You
Join the conversation on #whatisschool this Thursday December 18 at 6PM EST (Friday 9am AEST, 12pm NZT, 7am Singapore) as we discuss computer science and how to make it work for you.
Last week was computer science week, a time in which educators around the world strove to integrate computer science into their classes with an hour of code. Children teachers and parents joined together to make games, program robots and found out that gaining 21st century skills is a lot of fun and can be easier than you think. So how do you get started with coding?
Ambassadors for coding come from all walks of life. The video below shows this diversity and provides instructions for a simple coding project based on the characters from Frozen that you can do with your students by clicking here.
Make sure you put this weeks chat in your diary and if you are not already signed up to our ‘Remind’ notifications – click here. We will send you a FREE email or a FREE SMS just before our chat begins
Questions For #Whatisschool
Thursday December 18, 6PM EST
1) What projects have you tried or want to try with your students that involve programming or writing code?
2) What is the ideal age to expose students to learning code, why?
3) How can students and teachers use computer programming to integrate arts and core competencies?
4) Does learning to code bridge gaps and create applicable uses for other disciplines taught in school?
5) What types of products would you create, what problems could you solve programming with your students?
6) How can programming and coding help students become future leaders and get them excited about learning?