#whatisschool is back for another amazing chat and I am thrilled to be back leading again this week with one of my good EdTech buddies out of South Korea, Rob McElroy. This week we are looking back and looking forward with a Growth Mindset. Come and join us!
Remember that our chat times for around the world are: (updated 10 August 2019)
- Thursday 4pm Pacific Time
- Thursday 6pm Central Time
- Thursday 7pm Eastern Time
- Thursday 11pm GMT
- Friday 12am CET
- Friday 7am Singapore/Manila/WA (Perth)
- Friday 9am AEST
- Friday 11am NZT
Make sure you put this week’s chat in your diary and if you are not already signed up to our ‘Remind’ notifications – click here. We will send you an email or a FREE SMS just before our chat begins. Join the conversation on Thursday 15 August 7pm ET (Thursday 11pm GMT, Friday 9am AEDT, 11am NZT, 7am Singapore) as we discuss What Is School? #whatisschool
Questions #whatisschool, August 15, 2019 7PM ET
1) What is something that you did with your class, edutech related, that you felt did not live up to your expectations? What was the reason you think it failed?
2) What is an area that you feel your school admin did not support you enough last term? What is a proactive step you can take to make sure this gets addressed this term?
3) What is a resource (hardware or online) that you feel was underused in your school last term that you hope to use more this term?
4) What is your favorite activity to teach your students the value of failure and Growth Mindset?
5) In what way or area of instruction would you like to see other teachers at your school take more risks in to improve their teachercraft?
6) What is something, website, activity or project, that you have learned about that you are confident you can pull off in your class this term?