#whatisschool is back for another amazing chat and I am thrilled to be leading again this week with one of my edu-heroes Jen Williams. This week we are looking at the role of the Educator in Conscious Consumerism. Come and join us!.
Remember that our chat times for around the world are: (updated 3 May 2019)
- Thursday 4pm Pacific Time
- Thursday 6pm Central Time
- Thursday 7pm Eastern Time
- Thursday 11pm GMT
- Friday 12am CET
- Friday 7am Singapore/Manila/WA (Perth)
- Friday 9am AEST
- Friday 11am NZT
Make sure you put this week’s chat in your diary and if you are not already signed up to our ‘Remind’ notifications – click here. We will send you an email or a FREE SMS just before our chat begins. Join the conversation on Thursday 9 May 7pm ET (Thursday 11pm GMT, Friday 9am AEDT, 11am NZT, 7am Singapore) as we discuss What Is School? #whatisschool
Questions #whatisschool, May 9, 2019 7PM ET
1) What roles do educators today play in determining and selecting instructional resources and products?
2) As consumers and purchasers of educational products and resources, what questions should we be asking prior to selection?
3) In considering products that are good for our world and good for our classrooms, what are your “look fors” prior to selection?
4) How can educators as consumers help inform and shape #edtech products and tools?
5) As a conscious consumer of educational products, what are your favorite companies or organizations that are good for the world and good for classrooms?
6) How can we start supporting students to be conscious consumers of products and help them to see their power in consumer demand?