This week on #whatisschool, I am excited to welcome Evan Robb to co-host the chat with me. Evan is Principal of Johnson-Williams Middle School in Berryville, Virginia. In addition to being a full-time principal, Evan speaks across the USA on leadership, how to improve literacy in schools, the digital principal, social media, how to involve all staff in goal setting, how to organize effective work teams, and the impact of culture and positivity on work. Evan is also an author and an inspirational person to follow on Twitter. Join us to talk about how Mindset Matters in Education. We can’t wait to lead the discussion with you all so save the date and see you this week as we talk about finishing the school year strong!
Remember that our chat times for around the world are: (updated 18 May 2019)
- Thursday 4pm Pacific Time
- Thursday 6pm Central Time
- Thursday 7pm Eastern Time
- Thursday 11pm GMT
- Friday 12am CET
- Friday 7am Singapore/Manila/WA (Perth)
- Friday 9am AEST
- Friday 11am NZT
Make sure you put this week’s chat in your diary and if you are not already signed up to our ‘Remind’ notifications – click here. We will send you an email or a FREE SMS just before our chat begins. Join the conversation on Thursday 23 May 7pm ET (Thursday 11pm GMT, Friday 9am AEDT, 11am NZT, 7am Singapore) as we discuss What Is School? #whatisschool
Questions #whatisschool, May 23, 2019 7PM ET
1) What was one major goal you had at the start of the school year?
2) Did you accomplish your goal? What strategies did you use?
3) What’s one thing you wish you could “do-over” or change from this year? Why?
4) What advice would you give to a colleague who is struggling to finish strong?
5) How have you practiced self-care all year? How are you going to be intentional this summer about self-care?
6) What is something you’d like to try next year based on how this year went?