#whatisschool is back for another amazing chat and I am thrilled to be leading again this week with one of my edu-heroes Jen Williams. This week we have something SPECIAL for you! We are joining forces with a NEW chat #CreateEdu to have an epic chat, same time, same place but we are thrilled to welcome the #CreateEdu team to join us. Come and join us as we discuss using virtual stories to share ideas in the classroom.
Remember that our chat times for around the world are: (updated 3 February 2019)
- Thursday 3pm Pacific Time
- Thursday 5pm Central Time
- Thursday 6pm ET
- Thursday 11pm GMT
- Friday 12am CET
- Friday 7am Singapore/Manila/WA (Perth)
- Friday 10am AEDT
- Friday 12pm NZT
Questions #whatisschool, February 7, 2019 6PM ET
1) In schools, we are seeing a shift toward prioritizing personal narratives and storytelling. Why do you feel it is important to support students to share their stories?
2) How might open expression of ideas allow for shared understandings in our classrooms?
3) What topics do you find your students are personally interested in exploring? What topics do you feel are of critical importance and need to be further addressed?
4) How can classrooms use visual stories (graphics, video, webpages) to express ideas and encourage shared understandings of perspective?
5) What are examples of projects or tools for digital storytelling in education?
6) What (or who) are your favorite resources for learning more about digital storytelling and media literacy?