This week on #whatisschool, I am excited to welcome Empatico to lead the discussion with me. Empatico empowers teachers and students to explore the world through experiences that spark curiosity, kindness, and empathy. After using Empatico in my school and helping others connect and experience it I am blown away by just how incredible it is and I couldn’t think of a better group of people to lead this empathy based discussion with me today. Join us for what will be an hour PACKED full of fun, learning and resource sharing!
Remember that our chat times for around the world are: (updated 17 February 2019)
- Thursday 3pm Pacific Time
- Thursday 5pm Central Time
- Thursday 6pm Eastern Time
- Thursday 11pm GMT
- Friday 12am CET
- Friday 7am Singapore/Manila/WA (Perth)
- Friday 10am AEST
- Friday 12pm NZT
Questions #whatisschool, February 21, 2019 6PM ET
1) What would it look like if school were a place where all students learned how to act with empathy?
2) What does empathy mean to you?
3) According to research, practicing skills like perspective taking, critical thinking, cooperation, and respectful communication are important for students to become kind and empathetic adults. How does that apply to you, your students, and your school?
4) According to research, students who have the opportunity to connect with peers from different countries, cultures, and backgrounds report increased measures of empathy and are more open to meeting new people from different places. How does that learning apply to you, your students, and your school?
5) How can educators everywhere take these learnings about developing empathy in students and model what’s possible for the world?
6) How will you start or continue to integrate empathy practices into your teaching?