This week on #whatisschool, I am excited to welcome the ever inspirational Tanya LeClair. Tanya is a Tech and Innovation Coach, currently based in China. She is a workshop leader,
#ISEdCoach co-moderator, #WLead member and a #COETAIL instructor. We can’t wait to lead the discussion with you all about CODING and COMPUTATIONAL THINKING so save the date (and check your time) and see you this week!
Remember that our chat times for around the world are: (updated 3 December 2018)
- Thursday 3pm Pacific Time
- Thursday 5pm Central Time
- Thursday 6pm Eastern Time
- Thursday 11pm GMT
- Friday 12am CET
- Friday 7am Singapore/Manila/WA (Perth)
- Friday 10am AEST
- Friday 12pm NZT
Questions #whatisschool, December 6, 2018 6PM ET
1) Computer Science Education Week is here! How do you cultivate student excitement about coding at your school?
2) Give an example of how to integrate computational thinking into various learning objectives in authentic ways
3) Describe a challenge you may have in incorporating this topic into your classroom.
4) What are your go-to resources for incorporating coding and computational thinking into your classroom?
5) Computational thinking is important all year! How can you promote coding and computational within your school throughout the year? Maybe ASA’s, clubs, competitions, or more!
6) Time for some shout-outs! Do you know any educators doing cool coding activities in their classrooms that we should check out?