This week on #whatisschool, I am excited to welcome the world-renowned Cyber Safety expert Susan McLean to co-host the chat with me. Susan is Australia’s leading cybersafety expert and internationally renowned. She consults with schools and other organizations around the world and is passionate about helping kids have safe and positive experiences online. We can’t wait to lead the discussion with you all so save the date (and check your time) and see you this week!
Remember that our chat times for around the world are: (updated 4 November 2018)
- Thursday 3pm Pacific Time
- Thursday 5pm Central Time
- Thursday 6pm Eastern Time
- Thursday 11pm GMT
- Friday 12am CET
- Friday 7am Singapore/Manila/WA (Perth)
- Friday 10am AEST
- Friday 12pm NZT
Questions #whatisschool, November 8, 2018 6PM ET
1) How and Where do we fit cybersafety into our school curriculum?
2) Why is cybersafety education important?
3) How do we ensure schools understand ‘duty of care’ as it relates to the online world?
4) What constitutes a ‘legally robust policy and informed consent’?
5) What is ‘best practice’ in relation to the personal use of devices (phones) during lunch and recess at school?
6) How do we ensure young people know where/how to get help?