#whatisschool is back again and I am thrilled to welcome back a colleague of mine in Singapore, Adam Torrens to co-host this week’s chat with me. We will be talking about coming Back to School with a Bang – for those of us in the US and UK (Northern Hemisphere) education systems.
This week as educators prepare to return to the classroom after summer and winter break, #whatisschool takes a look at the first day back and ways you can make those moments with a new class one that will set the tone for a fantastic year in your school.
Remember that our chat times for around the world are: (updated 4 August 2018)
- Thursday 4pm Pacific Time
- Thursday 6pm Central Time
- Thursday 7pm ET
- Thursday 11pm GMT
- Friday 12am CET
- Friday 7am Singapore/Manila/WA (Perth)
- Friday 9am AEST
- Friday 11am NZT
Questions #whatisschool, August 9, 2018 7PM ET
1) What are you most looking forward to on day 1 with your students?
2) What is the main focus of your first week of school for your students to learn?
3) How do you ensure your students build relationships quickly?
4) What is a new resource or tool that you are excited to use this year?
5) How have you changed as a teacher from your very first day in the classroom?
6) Which educators on Twitter are you excited to steal ideas from this year?