#whatisschool is back again and I am thrilled to welcome back a colleague of mine in Singapore, Adam Torrens to co-host this week’s chat with me. We will be talking about preparing for Summer Learning – for those of us in the US and UK education systems (and winter break for those in the Southern Hemisphere).
Summer break is a time for family picnics, hikes in the woods, traveling, swimming pools and playing on the beach. In the Southern Hemisphere right now you are winding down for a Winter break. Regardless of your location, this week at #whatisschool we talk learning over an extended break and how to prepare to make the most of your time.
This week #whatisschool explores learning over extended breaks and much more! Bring your ideas, bring your friends and lend your voice to this innovative discussion.
Remember that our chat times for around the world are: (updated 4 June 2018)
- Thursday 4pm Pacific Time
- Thursday 6pm Central Time
- Thursday 7pm ET
- Thursday 11pm GMT
- Friday 12am CET
- Friday 7am Singapore/Manila/WA (Perth)
- Friday 9am AEST
- Friday 11am NZT
Questions #whatisschool, June 7, 2018 7PM ET
1) Where will you be for your upcoming break and what are you MOST excited about? Feel free to share a GIF too
2) Should educators be encouraged/told to complete summer professional learning or given the time to forget about school and relax? Why?
3) What books or programs are you most excited to complete this summer? Feel free to answer with a photo
4) How do you/would you encourage staff to complete professional reading or professional learning over the break?
5) Who are your go-to authors, educators, communities, platforms or programs for other educators to follow, join and do over the break?
6) What are your aspirations/goals for next academic year?