This week we will be discussing the tutor’s role in innovative education. In both public and private education, tutoring exists, whether it is to support low performing students or to push and support high achieving learners. This week at #whatisschool we talk about how tutors and schools can work hand in hand and what messages we, as educators, need the tutors to hear. Come and have your say!
Remember that our chat times for around the world are: (updated 2 April 2018)
- Thursday 4pm Pacific Time
- Thursday 6pm Central Time
- Thursday 7pm ET
- Thursday 11pm GMT
- Friday 12am CET
- Friday 7am Singapore/Manila/WA (Perth)
- Friday 10am AEDT
- Friday 12pm NZT
Questions #whatisschool, April 12, 2018 7PM ET
1) What should the role of tutors be? Are they always remedial or can they be a healthy supplement to in-class teaching?
2) What do you wish your students’ tutors knew? How can they improve?
3) How can tutors and teachers work together to create an integrated education for students?
4) Is it okay for tutors to use different teaching methods than their student’s teacher? Why or why not?
5) Are there tools/strategies that you use to keep tutors abreast of in-class performance/developments?
6) What separates a good tutor from a great one?