According to Common Sense Media, 42% of children have their own tablet device at home, up from less than 1% in 2011. 95% of all households have at least one smartphone. We live in a tech-driven world whether we like it or not, and our students are now, without doubt, digital citizens, but how do we ensure they are good digital citizens? This week at #whatisschool we explore EVERYTHING related to digital citizenship in schools and discuss best practice for effective integration.
Remember that our chat times for around the world are: (updated 18 March 2018)
- Thursday 4pm Pacific Time
- Thursday 6pm Central Time
- Thursday 7pm ET
- Thursday 11pm GMT
- Friday 12am CET
- Friday 7am Singapore/Manila/WA (Perth)
- Friday 10am AEDT
- Friday 12pm NZT
Questions #whatisschool, March 22, 2018 7PM ET
1) What does digital citizenship mean to you?
2) What does digital citizenship look like at your school?
3) What obstacles have to be overcome to effectively integrate digital citizenship in your school?
4) Who should be responsible for providing instruction for digital citizenship? Why?
5) How do you allow for student agency & parent learning in your school?
6) Share your go-to Digital Citizenship tools/resources used in your school.