This week, the theme for #whatisschool is baseball–America’s game. On the earliest Opening Day in baseball history—Thursday, March 29—join Ellen Deem (Phillies) and Mark Weston (Red Sox) at 7:00 PM EDT to chat about Lessons Teachers Can Learn from Baseball.
Remember that our chat times for around the world are: (updated 22 March 2018)
- Thursday 4pm Pacific Time
- Thursday 6pm Central Time
- Thursday 7pm ET
- Thursday 11pm GMT
- Friday 12am CET
- Friday 7am Singapore/Manila/WA (Perth)
- Friday 10am AEDT
- Friday 12pm NZT
Questions #whatisschool, March 29, 2018 7PM ET
1) In the Hole: You’re on the bench, take a moment to reflect: How is your teaching game going? What’s your box score look like?
2) On Deck: How’s the season going for your teaching-team? Winning the close ones?
3) At Bat: What teaching-challenge-pitch do you consistently hit out of the park? Which ones are your toughest to hit?
4) In the Field: When you commit a teaching error, what do you do to compensate? How do you make sure you’re ready to make the game-winning play?
5) On the Mound: What’s your go-to-teaching-pitch? When your pitches aren’t hitting the strike zone, what do you do?
6) In the Coaching Box: What’s the best in-game advice you’ve ever received? When you’re slumping or streaking, who’s your go-to coach? How has a coach helped you improve your teaching?