#whatisschool is excited about another week of learning activities and we are thrilled to welcome Mr. Gino Luayon. Gino is a leading educator in the Philippines and a mentor and role model to many. For this Thanksgiving special, we will be reaching out to those from all over the world for their thoughts, ideas and inspiration, so spread the word!
What are some of the misconceptions, stereotypes, and assumptions about Teachers? Is it the same perception globally? Have you experienced this stereotyping? These, among others, will be the focus of our discussion in #whatisschool. Remember our new time for Eastern US/Canada is 6pm ET.
Remember that our chat times for around the world are: (updated 14 November 2017)
- Thursday 3pm Pacific Time
- Thursday 5pm Central Time
- Thursday 6pm ET
- Thursday 11pm GMT
- Friday 12am CET
- Friday 7am Singapore/Manila/WA (Perth)
- Friday 10am AEDT
- Friday 12pm NZT
Questions #whatisschool, November 23, 2017 6PM EDT
1) “Those who can’t do, teach”, what is your immediate response to this statement?
2) From your experience, what is the biggest misconception about teachers? How do we change perceptions to be more positive?
3) Does the Teacher as “Sage on the Stage” still describe the teachers in your school, or have they transformed to “Guides on the Side”? Why?
4) If you could create the perfect stereotype of a successful teacher what would it be?
5) Once you finish your career, how do you want to be remembered? What words describe an effective educator?
6) Tag some of your PLN who are perfect role models for what educators should be – describe why and make someone smile!