#whatisschool is excited to be back again and welcome back a colleague of mine in Singapore, Adam Torrens to co-host this week’s chat with me. We will be talking about the good, the bad and the best EdTech tools for learning. It is going to be an incredibly insightful and resourceful chat so don’t miss it.
It seems like every day a new tech tool is promoted that can be brought into the classroom. The market is increasingly being flooded with new apps and educational tools that are designed to engage students and enhance learning. But how can we, as educators, differentiate between the tools that help students learn and the tools that hinder learning. What makes a tech tool good? What makes a tech tool bad? Why is it difficult to know when a tech tool will be helpful or hurtful.
Today at #whatisschool we discuss our experiences with apps, tools, and sites that add value to student learning. Remember our new time for Eastern US/Canada is 6pm ET.
Remember that our chat times for around the world are: (updated 11 November 2017)
- Thursday 3pm Pacific Time
- Thursday 5pm Central Time
- Thursday 6pm ET
- Thursday 11pm GMT
- Friday 12am CET
- Friday 7am Singapore/WA (Perth) Time
- Friday 10am AEDT
- Friday 12pm NZT
Questions #whatisschool, November 16, 2017 6PM EDT
1) What makes a tech tool, a good one? Where do you find them?
2) What qualities are found in tech tools that hinder learning?
3) What are some common tech tools that really help students learn? Tag them in!
4) What are the most important things to think about when integrating tech tools?
5) What are the HOT tech tools RIGHT NOW? What tools have dramatically improved learning in your classroom?
6) Share an example of an experience where a tech tool enhanced the learning goals