Recognising when learning is taking place and making this visible is the aim of all of us in the curriculum we deliver and the learning we inspire in our classrooms and in our schools. There are many ways of sharing information about progress and achievement to make learning visible to students, teachers, families and the wider school community. Today at #whatisschool we discuss how we make curriculum visible in the schools we work and what we are all striving to achieve.
Remember that our chat times for around the world are: (updated 2 October 2017)
- Thursday 4pm Pacific Time
- Thursday 6pm Central Time
- Thursday 7pm ET
- Thursday 11pm GMT
- Friday 12am CET
- Friday 7am Singapore/WA (Perth) Time
- Friday 10am AEDT
- Friday 12pm NZT
Questions #whatisschool, October 19, 2017 7PM EDT
1) What curriculum(s) do you use? Do you have a say in the way it is delivered?
2) What does ‘making your curriculum visible’ mean to you and your school?
3) How do you make your curriculum visible to the school community? Does this add value to student learning?
4) How do your students share their learning to make your curriculum visible?
5) How do you assess your curriculum? Is this different to how you assess student learning?
6) What are some ways that you could make your curriculum more visible in the near future?