We talk about engagement but how do we really get the student’s attention. How do we create an experience that grabs hold of students interest and attention? Join us as we look at how to use a student’s non-school interests to increase learning.
Remember that our chat times for around the world are: (updated 2 October 2017)
- Thursday 4pm Pacific Time
- Thursday 6pm Central Time
- Thursday 7pm ET
- Thursday 11pm GMT
- Friday 12am CET
- Friday 7am Singapore/WA (Perth) Time
- Friday 10am AEDT
- Friday 12pm NZT
Questions #whatisschool, October 12, 2017 7PM EDT
1) What do you like to do when you are doing the ‘Non-school’ thing?
2) Do you use any of those interests in your classroom? If so, how?
3) Do you ask your students what they like to do when they are ‘non-schooling’ – what are typical answers?
4) How have you taken some of these activities and integrated them into your classroom?
5) What has been the student response to the integration of the interests?
6) Who are people that excel at integrating Student interests into the classroom? Let’s connect & engage!