#whatisschool is ready to talk everything about Digital Citizenship and Cyber Safety this week as I am joined by the co-founder of our chat, Laura Hill.
, Privacy, and Safety are just some of the digital dilemmas challenging the world’s schools. At the same time, technology continues to expand and enhance the ways students can learn, connect
, create, and collaborate. How do we help instill a sense of global citizenship, of civic-mindedness, and respect on the internet? What are some of the best strategies you have seen in practice in your school communities?
Join us as we explore ways to increase student community and communication while decreasing the negative and sometimes deadly impact cyberbullying can have.
Remember that our chat times for around the world are: (updated 2 October 2017)
- Thursday 4pm Pacific Time
- Thursday 6pm Central Time
- Thursday 7pm ET
- Thursday 11pm GMT
- Friday 12am CET
- Friday 7am Singapore/WA (Perth) Time
- Friday 10am AEDT
- Friday 12pm NZT
Make sure you put this week’s chat in your diary and if you are not already signed up to our ‘Remind’ notifications – click here. We will send you an email or a FREE SMS just before our chat begins
Join the conversation on Thursday 5 October 7pm ET (Thursday 11pm GMT, Friday 10am AEDT, 12pm NZT, 7am Singapore) as we discuss What Is School? #whatisschool
Questions #whatisschool, October 5, 2017 7PM EDT
1) What does digital citizenship look like in a school?
2) How do we effectively teach digital citizenship in a sustainable fashion?
3) What are the BIG issues in schools in regards to digital citizenship?
4) What does your ‘digital citizenship curriculum’ look like?
5) What strategies are used to engage the whole school community in digital citizenship best practice?
6) What is the difference between digital citizenship and global citizenship?