#whatisschool is ready to Hack Learning this week as I am joined by the legendary Mark Barnes who is a Hack Learning expert and is the Author of the Hack Learning Book series. Mark is connected to over 135,000 educators on Twitter and continues to be an inspiration for me and other educators leading learning in the online space.
To get us energized for this week’s chat Mark wanted to share, “After decades in education, I decided that most problems remain in committee forever or fall victim to the dreaded 5-year plan. Teachers and school leaders have problems that require right-now solutions. We have the insight, experience, and assets necessary to solve virtually any problem. We just have to find them. This is what Hack Learning does”. Join Mark and me for what will be a powerful and insightful hour of learning.
Remember that our chat times for around the world are: (updated 30 August 2017)
- Thursday 4pm Pacific Time
- Thursday 6pm Central Time
- Thursday 7pm ET
- Thursday 11pm GMT
- Friday 12am CET
- Friday 7am Singapore/WA (Perth) Time
- Friday 9am AEDT
- Friday 11am NZT
Questions #whatisschool, September 7, 2017 7PM EDT
1) What’s wrong with problem-solving in education?
2) What is the approach to problem-solving in your space?
3) Identify one problem in education that should be easy to fix but still isn’t solved.
4) What skills do teachers and leaders need to be better problem-solvers?
5) You’re tasked with making students great problem-solvers tomorrow. How will you do it?
6) Write the title for a teacher/leader book that will make teaching and learning better right now.