I am back to school here in Singapore for a new year and with it comes the excitement from everyone in the community. #whatisschool is bringing in the experts this week as I am joined with my colleagues Heather Barnard and Adam Torrens to talk EdTech. Adam and Heather are Elementary EdTech Coaches at my school (SAIS) and experts when it comes to integrating technology effectively to add value to teaching and learning programs.
Join me and the EdTech Coaches to discuss teaching and learning and technology integration. Bring your stories, ideas, and resources and be ready to share. It will be an amazing resource to start a new year in style (or for those in the Southern Hemisphere, give you the inspiration to continue on).
Remember that our chat times for around the world are: (updated 12 August 2017)
- Thursday 4pm Pacific Time
- Thursday 6pm Central Time
- Thursday 7pm ET
- Thursday 11pm GMT
- Friday 12am CET
- Friday 7am Singapore/WA (Perth) Time
- Friday 9am AEDT
- Friday 11am NZT
Questions #whatisschool, August 17, 2017 7PM EDT
1) Describe how technology is used in your school to support teaching and learning.
2) What makes a Great Ed-Tech Coach?
3) In your role, what do you want to see from coaches? What support do you need?
4) What is your best piece of advice for Ed-Tech Coaches?
5) What / Who are your go-to resources for integrating technology effectively?
6) What is one tech related idea or resource that you wish to implement in your school this year?