#whatisschool is going to go to another level this week as Laura and I are back in force to lead a discussion about Blended Learning – a phenomenon that has taken over schools and learning institutions over the past 2 years.
Blended learning is an educational approach that brings together face to face and digital or online strategies that allow for student input into time, place and the pace of lessons. The hope is that by blending traditional and new teaching methods they will build on each other providing students with an innovative and effective learning experience nurturing skills students need to succeed both in life and in a tech-driven workforce.
This week #whatisschool explores ways to identify and implement blended learning plans that meet YOUR student’s needs. Bring your ideas, bring your friends and lend your voice to this innovative discussion.
Remember that our chat times for around the world are: (updated 20 May 2017)
- Thursday 4pm Pacific Time
- Thursday 6pm Central Time
- Thursday 7pm ET
- Thursday 11pm GMT
- Friday 12am CET
- Friday 7am Singapore/WA (Perth) Time
- Friday 9am AEDT
- Friday 11am NZT
Questions #whatisschool, May 25, 2017 7PM EDT
1) In one sentence, define blended learning?
2) How has blended learning evolved over time? Why?
3) What does blended learning look like in Elementary compared to Secondary?
4) How have you turned over elements of control (time, place, pace etc.) to your students?
5) How does blended learning ‘add value’ to learning in your school?
6) What are your favorite blended learning examples, resources, articles or sites?