#whatisschool is back again and ready for an innovative week of inspirational tweets! This week I am excited to welcome my colleague here in Singapore and Ed-Tech Coach Adam Torrens to #whatisschool as we lead a chat on Innovation in Schools.
Innovation is a term that is becoming increasingly popular in classrooms and schools all around the globe. Is it just another buzz word or is innovation essential for learning in the 21st century? Many educators believe that, in order for students to succeed in the near future, they must be creative, innovative designers. Is education still tailor-made for the industrial age? Or do we, as innovative educators, have the power and the responsibility to bring new and fresh ideas into the curriculum.
Get ready to share your innovative practices and join #whatisschool this week to discuss what innovation looks like in the classroom and within schools. Together we can share ideas on how we creative innovative learning experiences with our students and to find out more about how design thinking can redefine the learning experience for both students and teachers.
Image Source: http://www.archdaily.com/445647/the-dean-of-parsons-design-education-must-change
Remember that our chat times for around the world are: (updated 16 April 2017)
- Thursday 4pm Pacific Time
- Thursday 6pm Central Time
- Thursday 7pm ET
- Thursday 11pm GMT
- Friday 12am CET
- Friday 7am Singapore/WA (Perth) Time
- Friday 9am AEDT
- Friday 11am NZT
Questions #whatisschool, April 20, 2017 7PM EDT
1) What does “innovation” look like in your school/classroom?
2) Why is it important for teachers to consider opportunities for innovation when creating learning experiences?
3) How do the students benefit from innovating and/or designing in the classroom?
4) What vocabulary is important for students to know and use when innovating?
5) Share an example where you have had students show their learning through design
6) Which applications do you use effectively to promote creation and design?