Each day, in schools across the world, children and teachers gather to seek out knowledge and discover new learning. Though similar in many ways, our schools truly are each unique–every one different and special in both practice and design. Join us for #whatisschool this week as we ask everyone to share on “A View through My Window: Celebrating Differences in Perspective & Practice.”
You are also invited to capture photos of your school to share throughout the chat on topics of arrival, announcements, space design, nutrition, and outdoors. For our final question, we’d love to see and learn how you infuse your personal passions into your school! With shared stories from schools near and far, our views of “what is school” can extend beyond the walls of our buildings to best support the needs of all our students of the world.
Remember that our chat times for around the world are:
- Thursday 3pm Pacific Time
- Thursday 5pm Central Time
- Thursday 6pm ET
- Thursday 11pm GMT
- Friday 12am CET
- Friday 7am Singapore/MYT/WA (Perth) Time
- Friday 10am AEDT
- Friday 12pm NZT
Questions #whatisschool, February 23, 2017 6PM EDT
1) The day begins! How do your students arrive at school & what are school greetings/routines?
2) Announcements. How does your school share important school-wide announcements & deliver individual messages?
3) Space. What makes your school’s physical space unique and special?
4) Nutrition & Health. How does your school support a healthy lifestyle for students and faculty?
5) Outdoors. In what ways do you bring learning outdoors at your school?
6) Your Passions. In what ways do you bring your passions to your school, your students, & your colleagues each day?