#whatisschool is back again this week – sorry for the delay in posting the questions, it has been a manic week in the lead up to Christmas. I am super excited about this week’s chat as I welcome Steve Wyborney to the #whatisschool stage! Come and join us this week to discuss moving from beliefs to messages.
What we believe about our students and what we believe about ourselves as learners has a powerful impact on our students. The messages we send to students matter tremendously. Come and learn about the power of beliefs and messages with co-host Steve Wyborney, author of The Writing on the Classroom Wall.
Remember that our chat times for around the world are:
- Thursday 3pm Pacific Time
- Thursday 5pm Central Time
- Thursday 6pm ET
- Thursday 11pm GMT
- Friday 12am CET
- Friday 7am Singapore/MYT/WA (Perth) Time
- Friday 10am AEDT
- Friday 12pm NZT
Questions #whatisschool, December 8, 2016 6PM EDT
1) Why do our beliefs about our students’ potential matter so much?
2) Why are relationships so important in the classroom?
3) How does our personal commitment to learning impact our students?
4) What conditions need to be in place for a teacher to learn from students?
5) How public do you feel your commitment to learning should be? Why?
6) What is one of the most important messages that you could post on the wall of your classroom for your students to see?