It is such an honor to have Don join me this week. Don Wettrick is an Innovation teacher at Noblesville HS in Indiana, USA, and is the author of “Pure Genius: Building a Culture of Collaboration.” He also is the founder of #StartEdUp, to provide schools with great Innovation resources.
The holidays are almost here! But what to buy for the child that already has the gadgets and gizmos. As educators, what are we looking at to foster creativity & curiosity- without being “lame?”
This week join us at #whatisschool and continue to inspire one another.
REMINDER –> Due to daylight savings time changes our NEW #whatisschool time is 6pm ET (see below for more).
Our chat times for around the world are:
- Thursday 3pm Pacific Time
- Thursday 5pm Central Time
- Thursday 6pm ET
- Thursday 11pm GMT
- Friday 12am CET
- Friday 7am Singapore/MYT/WA (Perth) Time
- Friday 10am AEDT
- Friday 12pm NZT
Questions #whatisschool, November 10, 2016 6PM EDT
1) For students that struggle with creativity, what gift would you give to foster that creativity?
2) What “tech toys” foster creativity? (Suggestions on tech toys, & what grade level they’re intended).
3) What “tech toys” kill creativity? (Suggestions on what to avoid if you are buying to encourage brain activity).
4) What is your favorite book to gift to a student? Please answer book & age level.
5) The gift of time, attention is always the best. How can we give this gift over/above our class time together?
6) What was YOUR favorite gift as a kid, & how was it a learning experience?