It is such an honor to have Adam join me this week. Adam is a principal in Virginia, USA. As a 2016 ASCD Emerging and Influence Leader, he strives to learn from educators around the world in order to make a bigger impact on students.
Growth Mindset is an educational ‘buzzword’ but what does it take for an educator to possess one? This chat will focus on specific practices that educators can undertake in an effort to develop the right type of mindset to impact our students. Join #whatisschool this week to talk about this fun and important topic.
REMINDER –> Due to daylight savings time changes our NEW #whatisschool time is 6pm ET (see below for more times and change your calendars to suit).
Our chat times for around the world are:
- Thursday 3pm Pacific Time
- Thursday 5pm Central Time
- Thursday 6pm ET
- Thursday 11pm GMT
- Friday 12am CET
- Friday 7am Singapore/MYT/WA (Perth) Time
- Friday 10am AEDT
- Friday 12pm NZT
Questions #whatisschool, November 17, 2016 6PM EDT
1) In your words, define ‘Growth Mindset’.
2) Why do you feel that a ‘Growth Mindset’ has become a ‘buzzword’ in education?
3) Name ways that schools can help foster ‘Growth Mindsets’ within their teachers.
4) How we can motivate/encourage teachers who are reluctant to develop a ‘Growth Mindset’?
5) How might students benefit from having a teacher who models the traits of a ‘Growth Mindset’?
6) What is one action that you will take tomorrow to continue practicing your ‘Growth Mindset’