Thank you for being a part of #whatisschool this week as we discuss ‘Using Modern Technology to enhance learning’. Alongside me this week is Myles Webb who is a strong advocate of using technology to engage students. Myles is a classroom teacher and Deputy Principal from New Zealand and a real inspiration to me! I have been lucky enough to work with Myles both online and face to face over the past 2 years and I look forward to him leading this week’s chat.
Our chat times for around the world are:
- Thursday 4pm Pacific Time
- Thursday 6pm Central Time
- Thursday 7pm EDT
- Thursday 11pm GMT
- Friday 12am (Midnight) BST/IST
- Friday 7am Singapore/WA (Perth) Time
- Friday 10am AEDT
- Friday 12pm NZT
Questions #whatisschool, October 6, 2016 7PM EDT
1) In what ways have you used ‘modern’ technology (e.g. 3D printers, VR, robots) to enhance learning?
2) What has been the impact on student learning when using ‘modern’ technology?
3) What barriers and challenges have you faced when using the technology?
4) How have you encouraged your teaching peers to integrate the technology with students?
5) What is one piece of advice you could give someone starting to integrate ‘modern’ technology?
6) If resourcing was not an issue what would you wish for? Why?