#whatisschool is the highlight of my week when hundreds of educators from all over the globe come together to learn and share! This week we welcome Ian Rockey to lead #whatisschool with me! This week we talk school radios and how it can be used to positively impact speaking and listening skills in students.
It is such an honor to have Ian join me this week. He is the Head Teacher of a UK primary school and has been teaching for 20 years. He has a passion for using innovative and diverse tech approaches as tools for quality teaching and learning in the classroom. Today, we tap into his expertise of School Radio.
This topic investigates how school radio & broadcasting can be used to raise standards in reading, writing, and speaking & listening. It will also allow colleagues to consider how broadcasting and school radio enhance confidence and resilience, developing key elements of pupil wellbeing.
This week join us at #whatisschool and continue to inspire one another.
Our chat times for around the world are:
- Thursday 4pm Pacific Time
- Thursday 6pm Central Time
- Thursday 7pm EDT
- Thursday 11pm GMT
- Friday 12am (Midnight) BST/IST
- Friday 7am Singapore/WA (Perth) Time
- Friday 10am AEDT
- Friday 12pm NZT
Questions #whatisschool, November 3, 2016 7PM EDT
1) How have you used radio or broadcasting within your school?
2) What are some of the benefits that you see to improving pupil’s learning through broadcasting?
3) Please share a project/lesson where the use of broadcasting impacted classroom practice.
4) How can we use broadcasting as a medium for engaging the community and even the world?
5) In what ways do you think school radio might enhance pupil wellbeing and self-esteem?
6) Please share some resources or websites that you have used to enhance your broadcasting experience.